Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Tablescape

Now that December is here, I'm ready to pack away my fall decor and deck the halls for Christmas. Actually, the fall stuff is sitting in my garage waiting to be packed away. Ugh!  It's so much more fun pulling out the decorations than it is packing them away. 

Although the basis for my dining tabletop design has remained the same, the autumn theme has been transformed into a botanical theme for Christmas.  The antique dough riser gives me a lot of options for changing the tabletop decor seasonally.        


After removing the fall decor from the dough riser, I left a small   amount of beans in bottom of each section as way to stabilize candles and flower pots.You cannot see "filler" once your decorative items are in place and you have filled in other open spaces with corks.  We enjoy wine (maybe too much) so we tend to collect a plethora of corks.  


I positioned each potted narcissus in place of 
the two large white candles I removed.  


I purchased four over-sized glittery pine cones at Kirkland's 
which I placed on either side of flowers. The size is perfect because it fills the space nicely and makes a bold and sparkly statement.


For the end sections, I inserted a pillar candle which I wrapped in a botanical-inspired Christmas wrapping paper. 

I just love this paper! I found it a few weeks ago (along with a coordinating stripe and leopard print) in the dollar bin at Michael's. It's a great (and inexpensive) way to add interest to an otherwise plain candle. I'm also using it to create craft tube ornaments (maybe I'll post that too?)  What do you think? Here's a sneak peek at the ornaments.  




So now that I've put the finishing touches on the Christmas tablescape and the big "pretty" tree with the botanical theme, I will begin decorating the smaller "family" tree.  This tree has a more "collected" homey feel.  I may even be able to entice my husband and boys to join in the "reindeer games".  I've got the popcorn popping so we can enjoy The Polar Express while we trim the family tree. Who knows... maybe I'll make some "hot-hot-hot-hot chocolate" too!  I hope this post inspires you to create a beautiful tablescape for Christmas for your uniquely nested home.

Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment