Thursday, July 9, 2015

"Zoom on Over" Birthday Party

So this summer has been very busy with one celebration after another.  Next on the VIP list is my sweet nephew who will soon be turning 8 years old.  My sister has arranged for his party to take place at a local fun park which includes go carts, mini golf, and laser tag.  How much fun is that going to be for the birthday boy, a few rowdy cousins, and several fun-loving friends?  It will be a blast!  I helped with the party plan by designing the personalized invitation and favor tags, as well as assembling small favor boxes.  Here is the invitation that I designed to get the ball rolling or better yet...the motor running.  Ladies (and gentlemen) - start your engines!  


If you are able to create your own invitation or download a purchased invitation, I highly recommend that you send the file to your local print shop instead of printing at home.  My local FedEx-Kinko's did an excellent job on my nephew's invitations for about $14.  The print quality and color are both outstanding.  So much better than what my printer could produce plus it saves me ink and paper.  FedEx-Kinkos printed this invitation on card stock which is a heavier than standard printer paper.  Another option which is easier on your wallet and your time - send the downloaded invitation you create/purchase as an email invitation.  I guess I'm a little old-fashioned because I prefer receiving a proper invitation in the mail.  But if your short on time and money, the electronic version is always an option.
Here's the favor tag for my nephew's party boxes.  It measures 3 in. x 2.5 in.  I left a small edge of white when I cut these out because tags will be mounted on black.  I printed my favor tags on full sheet (8.5 in. x 11 in.) label paper at home and cut with a paper cutter instead of scissors. 


The color and print quality weren't nearly as vibrant as the birthday invitations which were printed at FedEx-Kinkos. Next time, I will take label paper to print shop.  I found small black gables boxes (10/package) at Michael's for the party favors.  



I added a very cool checkered ribbon as a finishing touch to the small boxes.  You could easily use small black bags with red ribbon and punch two holes at top for ribbon accent.  



I hope you enjoyed today's post highlighting my nephew's upcoming birthday party.  I'm already in the works helping to organize the next party -  a combined celebration for my soon-to-be brother-in-law's birthday and casual wedding reception for the happy couple.  Congrats to Tami & Tony!  We are going all out with a hunting theme.  

My newest venture for starting my uniquely nested etsy store is also in the works. My initial opening will begin with a variety of personalized party invitations and favor tags (including Zoom on Over invitation and tag) available for purchase (as download).  I'll keep you posted.


Have a zoomin' good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment