Saturday, March 7, 2015

Flora & Fauna Spring Tablescape

I mentioned a few days ago that I've got a serious case of Spring Fever.  I'll take that any day over flu and pneumonia - thank you very much!  The "fever" started with my Simple Spring Mantel then progressed to the Moss Ball Topiaries.  It's now moved into the dining room as I freshened up my table with a Flora & Fauna Spring Tablescape.  
                                                          

The foundation of my display is the same Turkish dough riser which you may remember from my holiday tablescape. Although the potted silk daffodils remained in the same spot, I removed the large white candles.  I filled the middle two sections and outer two sections with additional beans to raise up my decorative items.  I covered the "filler" with multi-colored shred which I found in Easter section at World Market.  


The natural shred provides a great texture and the perfect mix of springtime colors including cream, brown, citrusy green, and duck egg blue.  For the "flora" part of the tablescape, I paired the silk daffodils in cream and the moss ball topiary.



  
For the "fauna" part of my tablescape, I found natural fiber birds and bunnies at World Market.  The bunnies are especially sweet.  These little cuties come in both cream and tan.  I also added small silk butterflies to the mix with one large butterfly in the middle section. 




Here are the sources for my spring tablescape:

Turkish dough riser - Old World Antieks, Store in La Grange, Texas and vendor at Round Top Antique Show 

Potted silk daffodils - Target (found at Christmas a few years ago)

Moss ball topiary - created by me (check out the post for this project) 

Natural multicolored shred, fiber birds, fiber bunnies, and egg-filled nests - World Market

Butterflies, bird cage candle holder - Michaels 

Beans (filler for sections) - grocery store  

Wine corks (filler around potted daffodils) - recycled  




And Spring arose on the garden fair, Like the Spirit of Love felt eveywhere; And each flower and herb on on Earth's dark breast  rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
- Percy Bysshe Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment