Saturday, November 29, 2014

Clothespin Card Holder

Now that I've recovered from the post Thanksgiving food coma,  I'm ready for a quick holiday project to get into the spirit of the Christmas season.  What about you?  I hope you enjoy the simple card holder I created using a square canvas and clothespins.




Not only is it cute but super functional.  I like that it has a wreath shape.  Although I chose a neutral washi tape, you could use a green tape (or paint) to extend that look.  


Supplies Needed:

- 12 x 12 black canvas
- printed design for chalk art
- regular-sized clothespins (20)
- washi tape
- chalk pencil
- chalk
- chalkboard pen
- ribbon


Directions:


- After tracing diameter of small plate onto center of canvas, add chalkboard art in center of circle.
- cover one side of clothespins with washi tape
- hot glue clothespins with edge to line of traced circle (pin side out) 
- hot glue bow just below center clothespin at top of circle 




I had totally planned to complete another craft project (clay ornaments)  today when I visited Michael's.  But the idea for this clothespin card holder just came to me while I was shopping.  I had everything I needed on hand except the canvas.  Lucky for me it was already black so that saved me a step.  Although I created this with the intention of displaying Christmas cards, it could easily  be modified to display photos or memos.  The center design could be changed to a word, special phrase,  monogram, or initial.  The possibilities are limitless!  


Joyeux Noel! Feliz Navidad! Merry Christmas! 

1 comment:

  1. A little update on this post. I wasn't happy with the way Season's Greetings looked so I changed it to Joyeux Noel. Because this is canvas and I couldn't just wipe off the words and start over, I punched out a 3.5" circle in black, rubbed it with chalk, and wrote my new words. I put a dab of hot glue on it and voila!

    ReplyDelete