Have you heard of Red Robin? Although this restaurant is known for it's hamburgers, my younger son loves the Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Wrap. It's so delicious! We generally share it versus a hamburger because it tastes great and seems healthier. Since it's not practical or affordable to eat out all the time, I decided to recreate this winning recipe at home since it's a hit with the whole family. I mean, come on. How often does that happen?
1-2 lbs of Chicken Breasts (about 4) - 4-5oz cooked, sliced chicken for each wrap
Barbecue Sauce (I used Kraft Hickory Smoke)
Mission Wraps (Garden Spinach Herb)
Colby-Jack Sprinkle Cheese
Leafy Green (such as baby spinach or spinach-arugula blend)
Red Bell Pepper, sliced (optional)
SEASON & BROWN: Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning. I gave my chicken breasts a light sprinkling of Adams All Purpose seasoning. I sprayed my pan with olive oil then placed breasts in heated nonstick skillet to lightly brown outside. After browning each side, place chicken in crockpot.
ASSEMBLE the wraps:
- Remove chicken breasts from crockpot and cut into thin slices. Using a small scale, measure out 4-5 oz of chicken for each wrap you are making.
- Place empty wrap on flat surface (counter or clean cutting board), place sliced barbecue chicken in line down center of wrap leaving a little space on ends to fold wrap over later. Cover with a few teaspoons of warm barbecue sauce from crockpot.
- Add ranch dressing, tortilla strips, and sprinkle cheese. I use Hidden Valley Light Ranch in the squeeze bottle which makes it easy to add a squiggle or two of the dressing on the chicken. I don't measure the tortilla strips or cheese. I just add a little along top of chicken.
- Top with lettuce or veggie of choice - spinach-arugula blend and sliced red bell pepper are my favorite.
- Fold short sides of wrap to cover each end of filling mixture.
- Roll one end of the long, open side of wrap to fold over filling. Hold it tight and begin rolling to close wrap
- Cut wrap in half and serve with a side of ranch dressing for dipping and your favorite crunchy side such as cucumber slices or carrot sticks.