Monday, November 2, 2015

Simple Thanksgiving Mantel

After putting away the plethora of Halloween decorations yesterday, I was more than ready to simplify things for my Thanksgiving decor.  In less than an hour, I came up with a simple "Give Thanks" design for my mantel.


I actually used a few items from my Halloween mantel - two of the clay pots and the artwork.  I placed the large artwork in the middle leaning against the stone.  I created chalk art with the words "give thanks" using my framed glass chalkboard. 



This chalkboard tends to move around with the seasons.  For the Thanksgiving season, it will be leaning to the right of the main artwork.


I moved the clay pots to the outer edges of the mantel and placed faux cream pumpkins in them.  This creates a sort of pumpkin topiary.  On the inside edge of each clay pot, I placed a Mercury glass candle holder.  Sprays of fall foliage are tucked between the pot and candle as well as the outside edge of the art.




Using five different fall-inspired scrapbook papers which I already had on hand, I created a simple banner to drape along the front of the mantel.  




Using a template, I traced and cut out eleven banner shapes.




I threaded a natural fiber string for hanging it using thumbtacks to secure it to mantel.




Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment