Sunday, November 8, 2015

A Room Redo - Part One

Over the summer, I replaced the small nightstands in our master bedroom with new larger tables that have more storage.  The former tables found a temporary home in our garage (much to my husband's dismay).  The garage is his domain afterall so having various decorative items in there puts a cramp in his style.  That would be like him putting his camping gear in my creative space.  Yikes!  So...he's been very patient with me as I've finally come up with a plan for the tables and lamps taking up precious space in his "mancave".  So what's the plan?  A Room Redo!  



Well, you might be wondering what kind of room redo.  We have two options - a Girl's Room Redo or a Guest Room Redo. The only "girl" in our house besides me is of the golden doodle variety and she definitely does not deserve a bedroom of her own.  Her sock fetish is out of control and she's been waking us up in the wee hours of the night to hang out in the backyard!  Enough about my delinquent dog...

I have a few friends who are interested in a room redo and helping me out with this blog series.  I'll let you know in an upcoming post which makeover it will be.  Your guess is as good as mine!  Who knows, maybe I'll end up doing both because I have two sets of side tables that need a new home.  I know one thing for certain - my husband will be happy to know that both design plans include the removal of side tables and table lamps from his mancave.

Here's what I came up with for each design plan:

Girl's Room Redo



The bedding I envision for the girl's bedroom makeover is the Tenley Floral Paisley Quilt Collection from Steinmart.  Although not pictured on the design board, I would also include an orange duvet (color in euro shams) at the end of the bed for a little extra warmth when needed.  Painted horizontal stripes in the dusty blue or soft yellow would look awesome on the bed wall!




Guest Room Redo




The bedding I envision for the guest bedroom makeover is the Suravi Floral Paisley Quilt Collection from Steinmart.  Although not pictured on the design board, I would also include a blue duvet (color in euro shams) at the end of the bed for a little extra warmth when needed.  Painted horizontal stripes in a beige or light tan would look great on the bed wall!



I think the Tenley bedding is a bit more "girly" but could still work in a guest room.  I can really see it in a teenage girl's bedroom or a beach house bedroom though.  The colors are light, bright, and fun!  The Suravi bedding has more earthy colors which make it a bit less feminine and probably more gender neutral for a guest room.  But the blue side tables and lamps can work in either room.

Do you have a room that needs a makeover?  Look around your home or a friend's garage (wink, wink)...you might find a great lamp or a cute side table just waiting for a new life in your room.

Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment