Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Valentine's Day Door Hanger

February is just around the corner and you know what that means... candies, flowers, and hearts, oh my!  I could definitely go for a chocolate treat right about now. (Honey, if you're reading this - you can't go wrong with the Godiva milk chocolate salted caramel bar - wink, wink).  Are you in the mood for love...I mean a lovely and simple craft project? Well, I've got a treat in mind for my readers that's pretty a-door-able.  I think so anyway.  Cue romantic music and flying cupids - scratch that.  You won't need any silly props or a bachelor handing out roses to create this Valentine's Day Door Hanger.      




SUPPLIES: 
> heart-shaped or envelope-shaped container or other Valentine hanger with handle (needs to have flat back)
> 2.5" wide ribbon for bow
> 36" of upholstery webbing 
> letters for "xoxo" or "love" 
> white craft paint
> hot glue gun

My inspiration for this project started with the metal heart-shaped container I had left over from last year.  It was okay on its own but it seemed too small and out of scale for my tall front door.  


I found upholstery webbing with red accent at my local Hobby Lobby store for less than $2 a yard.  This became the backdrop for my letters. 


First, I painted my letters white and allowed them to dry.  I hot glued the webbing to back of heart-shaped hanger.  I then attached letters to webbing with hot glue.



I filled container with foam, covered with moss and added a sweet little bird.  You may remember him from my tablescape in November and December.  Lastly, I attached a bow to handle and placed on the door hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment