Saturday, October 25, 2014

BOO Bottle Surprise

Halloween is just around the corner.  Are you ready to surprise friends, family, and neighbors with a "You've Been Boo'd" surprise?  I've got a spooktacular idea for repurposing those coffee creamer bottles that you'd normally just toss in the recycle bin.




you've been { BOO'd }!


I've been saving these bottles for the last few weeks because I just knew I could use them for something.  I wasn't quite sure what that "something" would be but knew inspiration would hit...eventually.  I was hoping sooner rather than later.  I polled my family for their ideas:
  • container for mixing morning protein shake (husband)
  • snack holder (13-year old son with insatiable appetite)
  • bead holder (10-year old son who also loves projects)
Of course these are all great ideas but not exactly what I had in mind. I saw some cute ideas for reusing bottles as birthday/teacher treat holders.  Then I came across some great ideas for Halloween treats and decorating.  Tis the season, right?  So I thought I'd mesh the two ideas by repurposing the bottles as treat holders for our neighborhood "boo" surprises.  If you don't have bottles or another container you can reuse, you can just fill the white paper bags that I used to cover the bottles to create "ghosts".  My younger son helped me assemble these and love placing the googley eyes in a variety of ways.  I used circle punches for the tag and stickers for the word then attached with a festive ribbon.  So simple and fun!





Leave me a comment (and your email) and I'll be happy to send you the pdf of the "boo" sign and note.  Now, we need to get our scare on and go "boo" our unsuspecting friends and neighbors.  Happy Haunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment